Jan 18, 2020
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers etc.
What’s in it for you?
Chance to move to quickly to more senior roles. Work in the midst of transformation across the enterprise and a chance to shape the future of the group.
- Mature the processes around how to manage the IT spend, make sure Finance best practices are being used.
- Work with a variety of senior management and be able to influence them, gain their collaboration.
- Determine how to mature reporting so that it aligns with their new Agile, product based environment.
- Deliver results through planning, directing, designing, and executing IT Financial, Asset and Supplier Management activities and programs
- Select, lead, counsel, motivate, set expectations and evaluate Supplier & Expense team performance. Provide coaching and support to direct reports.
- Oversee IT departmental budgeting and forecasting process. Provide insightful analysis and recommendations on spend and resource management.
- Focus on best practices, continuous improvement & strategic execution of team vision through management and coordination of both people resources and processes to optimize team deliverables for improved efficiency, effectiveness,
- Post-Secondary Degree in Business Management, Finance or related field. Accounting designation strongly desired.
- Minimum 5 years technical and people leadership experience in financial management
- The ability to turn raw data into an easy to understand story is crucial to success in this role
- Experience with BI and dash boarding software would be highly desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to confidently convey highly complex and detailed information to diverse audiences including the executive team are essential
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to accomplish results across business areas through influence, coaching, communication and commitment with minimal use of authority and control
- Experience in IT operational finance and familiarity with technology spend management, such as Technology Business Management (TBM) and base vs incremental spend management an asset
- Familiarity with supplier and asset management processes
- Building and maintaining complex financial models with high data volume, Activity Based Costing