IT - Systems Integration
Dec 05, 2019
Our client is a leading government healthcare agency. Located in downtown, they are seeking an FHIR Specialist to work closely with Architecture and Standards. This is a 12 month contract with high probability of renewal.
You will obtain an in-depth understanding of eReferral and the documentation requirements e.g. gap analysis of Diagnostic Imaging, Mental Health & Addictions & Orthopedics to arrive at a single eReferral FHIR specification.
• Organize material and complete writing documentation related to the eReferral deliverables according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology e.g. diagrams, presentations and documents
• Analyze developments in specific sections to determine the need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material, including supporting presentation and educational content (e.g. eReferral FHIR Implementation iGuide and Service Catalog)
• Support foundational planning for standardized eReferral integrations into Point of Service systems, Viewlet integration framework (form framework), eConsult and eServices
• Support data standards and specifications to facilitate the exchange of mental health and addictions data and support deliverables related to the development of Mental Health and Addictions data repositories
Required experience and skills include:
• Knowledge and strong understanding of Ontario’s digital health record assets, in particular electronic medical record, identity management solutions, interoperability services and integration with healthcare initiatives within regional healthcare organizations for clinical data repositories, and other associated healthcare information systems in use within a jurisdiction.
• Strong knowledge of and experience working with health IT systems and requirements (10+ years).
• Strong understanding and experience in REST-based eReferral and eConsult workflows.
• Strong business analysis, process documentation and writing skills
• Knowledge and experience with code sets and terminology standards (e.g. SNOMED CT, LOINC)
• Knowledge and experience with the HL7 Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resource (FHIR) standard, related implementation guides, and Firely Forge and Simplifier.net.
• Experience conducting detailed standards research, gap analysis and recommendations (5+ years).
• Experience with maintenance of health information standards across multiple health domains (e.g. lab, pharmacy, diagnostic imaging, primary and primary care) (5+ years).
• Experience with standards’ conformance issues, developing HL7 FHIR conformance testing profiles, and participation in conformance validation.
• Broad knowledge of clinical concepts and experience conducting stakeholder consultation, gathering business requirements, and advisory recommendations for standards selection, implementation and maintenance (5+ ye