IT - IT Support & Sales
Feb 19, 2020
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives.
What’s in it for you?
Join a team in expansion mode. Be at the forefront of transformation in a Fortune 500 firm looking to take advantage of IOT, Big Data, Cloud, and Mobile platforms. Greenfield opportunity in a company that has great people and believers in work/life balance etc.
- Provide technical leadership and work with a team that provides patch management for desktop, server and application environments.
- Work with corporate anti-virus, scripting and application packaging via SCCM.
- Research, design, plan and coordinate desktop/server infrastructure upgrades, enhancements, improvements and/or newly required service deployments
- Prepare and maintain detailed documentation and infrastructure policies, standards and diagrams
- Provide guidance in the completion of health checks and performance and capacity reporting.
- Take ownership of all assigned tickets and drive to resolution; researching and escalating to vendor as necessary.
- Enforce and follow ITSM policies, procedures and best practices.
- Work with global teams to coordinate patching schedule and schedule based on patching windows defined by the business
- Implement patches on all desktop and server environments, including lower environments
- Work with application teams to ensure ability to patch, research versions and deprecated commands/functions and provide to development teams prior to patch release
- Develop a plan for implementing version change control within the organization
Skills & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years of broad information technology experience, of which minimum 3 years should be in a senior systems administrator or like role with a large organization Above average understanding of MS desktop and server systems, Red Hat Linux, SCCM, Puppet.
- Solid understanding of LAN and WAN networking
- Experience patching schedules, Q&A environments based on ITIL.
- Expert level knowledge Active Directory Infrastructure, DNS, DHCP, IAS, Clustering services, Windows Security, deployment services and other Microsoft infrastructure services
- Knowledge of systems security and best practices.
- A strong understanding of ITIL practices.
- Project management experience, scripting skills, CISSP, OSCP or CISA certifications are all assets.