IT - Project Management
Oct 16, 2019
Our client, a major Canadian consumer packaged goods company with head offices in the GTA, is seeking a senior PMO Manager.
PMO Manager role primary responsibility of this role is to drive a strategic project methodology for the Corporate PMO portfolio, as well as effective project delivery along with project prioritization, reporting and portfolio management. This is a highly visible role interfacing with all levels of stakeholders across the business. The role is responsible for framing of complex initiatives, prioritizing and steering all projects in the portfolio, driving PMO process and policy, and directing project management staff to drive continuous improvements in the Corporate PMO
What’s in it for you?
Our client is located in the GTA West and offers a competitive compensation & employee benefits plan as well as an RRSP/Profit Sharing program.
- Responsible for establishing, standardizing, and leading project management practices for multiple programs, across all areas of the business aligning
- Ensure adherence to project management standards across the entire program/project life cycle to include project management practices, tools and documentation of project artifacts
- Collaborate with senior executives and stakeholders in the business to prioritize projects based on company objectives in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment
- Plan, and implement project management best practices and reporting capabilities to streamline project processes and procedures and maximize operational effectiveness
- Build a “learning community” of practice within the project delivery discipline in establishing a program of continuous improvement through assessment of internal and external best practices and lessons learned in order to achieve higher maturity in PPM.
- Provide organization with leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills
- Provide regular visibility to project status (key decisions, dependencies, issues, risks, metrics) on a standard cadence through status reporting and project/resource reviews
- Oversee resource capacity planning processes to support quarterly reforecasts and annual planning
- Improve and maintain an effective communications plan to ensure frequent, accurate, and timely communication to all stakeholders
- Build and foster relationships with clients, and key stakeholders
- Manage and deliver various internal initiatives and special assignments as assigned by the VP, Corporate PMO
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience as a Project management office leader
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience as a project manager - managing complex multi-faceted cross functional programs
- Demonstrated experience creating and institutionalizing an Enterprise PMO/ PMO function for an organization
- Extensive experience with traditional and innovative project management processes, techniques, tools across agile, waterfall, iterative methods
- Experience in project management software applications including Project Professional/Server and SharePoint Online (including Reporting Tools such as Power BI)
- Strong influencing, facilitation, negotiation and relationship management skills
- Ability to distill complex issues, develop and implement effective strategies to drive alignment across multiple constituents and client groups
- Proven ability to implement strategic plans
- Experience in developing and implementing change management and communications plans
- Proactive professional with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated time management and problem-solving skills
- University undergraduate degree in related discipline or equivalent
- PMP or PGMP designation
- Ability to work closely with Process Owners and other key stakeholders to communicate progress and vision and facilitate buy-in
- Strong process and industry knowledge within CPG
- Deep understanding of SAP software; preferably in Supply Chain and Manufacturing but not limited to
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in dealing with all levels of the business
Nice to Have
- PMP certification preferred
- MBA – nice to have
isgSearch is a member of the ISG Group of Companies, operating in Canada since 1990. Throughout the 1990's, ISG (Informatics Search Group) was built into one of Canada's leading search firms, and sold in 1998 to a leader in North American Recruitment & Solution Services. In 2007, the same ownership that drove ISG to success, created isgSearch with a boutique-style approach, catering to the very specific needs of hiring clients and talented professionals in the IT space.