IT - IT Support & Sales
Sep 19, 2019
Our client is a leading professional services firm in downtown Toronto. They are looking for a trainer to join the technology team.
- Manage, design and deliver effective training programs, namely new hire training, refresher programs and new application training
- Coordinate training schedules collaboratively with peers
- With your team, develop “Technology Training Tips” twice monthly on applicable topics for firm wide posting
- Work closely with the Service Desk agents in designing product-training curriculum
- Gather feedback from firm members to ensure that training needs are met
- Develop and review course outlines and other materials, ensuring accuracy and consistency of language, format and styles
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and consultation to firm members
- Employ a variety of engaging and instructional techniques which promote professional development within a high-quality learning environment
- Ensure modules and course materials are available in printed and electronic format and maintained for distribution to all staff including students
- Evaluate staff progress through the creation of review exercises
- Participate in special projects involving the introduction of new applications and/or application upgrades specifically as part of application testing and pilot groups
- Provide 2nd level support for more complex application issues/questions which may require direct interaction with application and service suppliers
- Collaborate with other administrative departments to identify and recommend process improvements
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Minimum of eight years of application training experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment
- Advanced working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of Applications.
- Knowledge of MacPac Numbering, Nuance PDF and Workshare Compare is considered an asset.
- Experience with Enterprise Document Management Systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of Formal Organizational Change Management techniques is considered an asset
- Personable team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt, educate and provide support to a varying range of skill levels, learning styles and personalities
- Essential skills include excellent organization skills, attention to detail, time management and the ability to seamlessly shift between competing priorities