IT - Application & Software Development
Aug 24, 2019
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will bring your skillset in DevOps and engineering to help create, manage & maintain automated pipelines and solutions required for CI/CD and Infrastructure as code.
If you love to figure out how all the pieces are put together in a build environment, or if automation and building tools to monitor and manage your infrastructure & applications sounds interesting to you, we want to talk to you.
Primary Duties & Resposibilities:
- Collaborates with architects, InfoSec, software engineering and production engineering teams to design, build and deliver services to our dealers, lenders and OEMS.
- Deploys, configures, manages, and performs ongoing maintenance of technical infrastructure including all devops tooling.
- Improves the predictability and reliability of software releases with a passion for automated build, test and deployment tools and processes.
- Designs, builds and supports AWS cloud environments.
- Implements security capabilities and services throughout the enterprise.
- Reduce application deployment windows by leading company towards a Continuous Deployment environment.
- Improve application stability with the design, development and implementation of application monitors and alerts.
- Lead development of site reliability monitoring.
- Assist in the development of other staff members.
- Provide afterhours release, change control & incident support.
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical operational issues.
- Stays current with trends in emerging technologies and how they could apply to Cox Automotive.
- 5+ years' of experience in an SRE, DevOps, or similar operational role.
- Familiarity with one or more general purpose programing languages but not limited to: PowerShell, Bash, Batch, Python, Perl, Node.js, Groovy.
- Experience with Terraform (required), Terragrunt, CloudFormation (optional).
- Experience with configuration management systems (GitHub, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt)
- Experience configuring and supporting Jenkins.
- Windows and Linux system (80/20) engineering expertise.
- Ability to implement security capabilities and services to maintain a scalable secure environment.
- Networking Knowledge (VPC, Subnetting, NACLs, NAT gateway knowledge is a PLUS)
- Experience with Artifactory and Nuget.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing, dynamic environment.
- Experience with Elastic beanstalks and ECS is required.
- Experience with APM and Log Analytics tools (New Relic, Splunk).
- Experience with building serverless architecture desirable (AWS Lambda, API Gateway, S3, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, Kinesis).
- Experience with Application Server platforms (.Net, Java, PHP) is a plus.
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (Amazon AWS and Docker). Microsoft Azure is a plus.
- Knowledge of Service Discovery and Secrets management.
- Experience with agile development, continuous integration and automated testing.
- Excellent written communication, problem solving, and process management skills.
- Understanding of the balance and practice of PCI and PII.