IT - Application & Software Development
Aug 24, 2019
Our client, a leading company in the financial services vertical in the GTA Core, is looking for a Release Manager who is used to working in a large, complex environment. The role is responsible for owning the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs.
What’s in it for you?
You would be joining a dynamic organization in downtown Toronto, that embraces cutting edge technology to drive their business vision. In addition to a generous compensation package, our client empowers its teams to harness new ideas, and allows staff unleash their imaginations to create innovative products and services to improve services and respond to customer needs.
- Identify and document all release requirements
- Manage complex release activities for projects and coordinating implementation activities
- Manages overall non-production environment usage, configuration, and scheduling of the different test environments for each release.
- Identify and document risk exceptions and mitigation strategies
- Ensure adherence to quality standards, establish guidelines as necessary
- Ensure proper release documentation is filed by associated groups in accordance with established guidelines
- Facilitate problem-solving discussions and general communications between the release management team and other teams such as business, infrastructure, support, and development
- Strictly manages timing and coordination of test runs with various projects and stakeholders sharing on test environments.
- Coordinate and run planned and unplanned production implementation
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Effectively communicate release status and appropriately escalate impediments/risks
- Ensure critical release related issues are resolved or assigned to appropriate groups for resolution
- Document release related issues and develop mitigation plans for future releases
- Make recommendations, and implement approved recommendations to improve release process
- Manage release documentation and drive improvements to content maintained on shared project sites
- Establish and deliver services within the framework of audit and compliance guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Formal training in project management practices preferred
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Knowledge in TFS – Release manager tool
- Five or more years of overall IT experience
- Three or more years in Release Management related roles