IT - Application & Software Development
Aug 24, 2019
Our client, a leading company in the financial services vertical in the GTA Core, is looking for a Bilingual IT support specialist who is used to working in a large, complex environment. The role is responsible for assisting in providing day to day front-line user support and diagnostics for routine desktop hardware/software concerns and application questions for assigned business units and/or client groups. The incumbent may also provide informal user training as required.
What’s in it for you?
You would be joining a dynamic organization in downtown Toronto, that embraces cutting edge technology to drive their business vision. In addition to a generous compensation package, our client empowers its teams to harness new ideas, and allows staff unleash their imaginations to create innovative products and services to improve services and respond to customer needs.
- Provides timely and effective service and support to assigned business units and/or client groups.
- Respond to general queries for a wide variety of technologies (hardware and software) and general application questions.
- Assist in diagnosing and repairing malfunctioning equipment
- Coordinate repair and installation requests with external service providers.
- Conduct informal user training sessions for a variety of hardware/software technologies.
- Assist in the day to day operations and administration.
- Maintain and update inventory lists as required.
- Carry out regularly scheduled activities
- Develop, maintain, and produce service/support reports and documents as required.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of technical and process documentation.
- Assist with regular audits reports and participate in audit activities as required.
- Investigate and recommend changes or upgrades to hardware/software/applications as required.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge and understanding of company operations/ procedures, and insurance industry trends/developments, to contribute to quality customer service and support.
- Install and maintain computer equipment and peripheral hardware and software.
- Prepare and install all equipment and software for new and existing users.
- Administer network login id’s, passwords
- Assist in implementations, enhancements, and modifications of new hardware and software rollouts, including customizations and informal user training.
- Participate in projects as required.
- Assist in project design, maintenance and deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation, and execution of project plans for the rollout of technologies and server upgrades.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with users and management.
- Ability to quickly and accurately resolve day to day problems/issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to resolve routine/minor conflicts and knowing when to escalate.
- Ability to manage multiple desktop projects.
- Ability to set own daily work priorities.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Bilingual (French/English)