IT - Application & Software Development
Aug 24, 2019
Our client in Markham is seeking a Software Engineer. The role will involve designing, constructing, testing and providing support for applications, systems, and projects. Accountable for project results (meeting commitments on cost, functionality, time-to-market, quality) and ensuring that actions, deliverables, solutions and/or advice are in line with established business objectives.
- Write code and complete database changes to specification.
- Execute test cases, verifying results to expected outcomes prior to release of code for business or client acceptance testing.
- Contribute to the design of new and existing products, systems or applications based on analysis of change requests or business requirements, as applicable.
- Maintenance and migration of existing code basis to newer platforms.
- Provide input into integration, implementation and deployment content and strategies, maintaining operating manuals and system documentation as necessary.
- University or college degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of programming, database, testing & deployment tools, techniques, and languages applicable to the products or systems with which they work.
- Familiarity with some of: C# .NET, Visual Studio, SQL Server, SSRS or Web Services.