IT - IT Support & Sales
Jul 21, 2019
Our client is a global Fintech. The Technical Writer will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of various types of documentation. The Senior Technical Writer position includes writing, editing and maintaining product and procedure documentation, and maintain the client documentation portal. Bilingual French and English technical writing a requirement.
- Plan, develop, organize, write, and translate product documentation in compliance with the company’s established guidelines and standards
- Work to gather project information, analyze documentation requirements, and schedule reasonable delivery deadlines.
- Prepare charts, graphics, and screen captures to illustrate material.
- Generate documentation for print and online help.
- Provide writing, editing and design support to other team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing, English, Journalism, or another writing-related or Information Systems/Computing-related subject.
- Alternatively, comparable training in Technical Writing with several years’ experience.
- +5 year experience working in a technical writer position in the software industry.
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience in technical design, layout and production concepts and practices.
- Understanding of topic-based writing and ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles.
- Strong research, analytical, and writing skills.
- Successful candidate must be a reliable team player able to effectively manage multiple deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in MadCap Flare.
- Knowledge of XML, HTML, and CSS.
- Knowledge of SnagIt, MadCap Capture, PaintShop Pro or similar screen capture applications.
- Knowledge of MadCap Mimic, Adobe Captivate, or similar program is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Knowledge of video tools to produce animations and videos is a plus.