IT - Systems Integration
Nov 19, 2019
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives.
What’s in it for you?
Join a team in expansion mode. Be at the forefront of transformation in a Fortune 500 firm looking to take advantage of IOT, Big Data, Cloud, and Mobile platforms. Greenfield opportunity, a chance to build, influence and design- to make the job your own, in a company that has great people and believers in work/life balance etc
- Work closely with the infrastructure, product and software development team to assess cybersecurity risk, cloud controls, and recommend solution and remediation in the cloud environment.
- Be responsible for evaluating, recommending, and implementing cloud security related solution in an automated continuous integration/deployment environment.
- Be the cloud security subject matter expert for our Enterprise IT and Business IT teams in any IaaS/ PaaS and SaaS implementations.
- Serve as the primary interface to IT communities to ensure the cloud solution consistently meets the security requirement; participate in designing and managing cloud security strategy and support projects with a focus on security and compliance.
- Actively participate in design & build IT projects, steering cloud configurations and services toward best practice security with domain expertise in Cloud technology.
- Lead assessment of cloud implementations, identify security issues and prioritize fixes
- Design and implement new cloud security tools/solutions within DevOps/SecOps processes to ensure the solvency of cloud computing resources.
- Understand cloud security vulnerabilities and associated threats, and assess the overall security risks to a cloud solution, provide mitigation recommendations to reduce identified security risks.
Skills & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 7 + years in Cyber Security consultative role roles, preferably within the financial services industry and/or other large/multi-national organization Security certification of one or more of the following: CISSP, CISA, CISM
- Professional certification: Security certification of one or more of the following:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate/Professional
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Associate/Professional
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Google Cloud Certified: Professional Cloud Architect
- Strong experience with cloud security strategy, cloud provider ecosystems (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud Platform) and migrating enterprise from traditional data center infrastructure, application and data designs to hybrid or fully-cloud enabled practices.
- Knowledge of cloud architecture, cloud operations, cloud-based identity access and management, security, automation and orchestration.
- Clear understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures; understand how to design and implement cloud security assessment in accordance with stated criteria.
- Experience with container orchestration; experience with best security practices for Linux/UNIX, Windows servers.
- Experience with SCM and CI/CD; experience with common scripting languages like Bash, Python, and/or Ruby.
- Familiarity with common open source and enterprise database engines and frameworks.
- Experience in networking concepts and services, such as, VPNs, IPsec, PKI and TCP/IP; experience with Microsoft Active Directory and LDAP; familiar with high-availability (HA) and failover implementations for network infrastructure and server systems.