IT - Project Management
Jul 21, 2019
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives.
What’s in it for you?
Join a team in expansion mode. Be at the forefront of transformation in a Fortune 500 firm looking to take advantage of IOT, Big Data, Cloud, and Mobile platforms. Greenfield opportunity, a chance to build, influence and design- to make the job your own, in a company that has great people and believers in work/life balance etc
- You are a senior technical team member who will be fully accountable for the day-to-day delivery of the Security Operations for the enterprise
- Be responsible for the operational oversight of technology, processes, procedures, and overall delivery of the Security Operations
- Maintain security log infrastructure to monitor, analyze, and respond to log anomalies. Conduct analysis to ensure the logging infrastructure is monitored for security risk to the enterprise system and information.
- Manage intrusion detection/prevention systems, maintain continuous monitoring systems, and provide timely analysis and response.
- Oversee the security monitoring services, including planning, design, implementation and day to day operation of the system, ongoing monitoring, and improvements.
- Manage response to alerts from various monitoring systems and platforms to address potentially malicious events in a timely manner. Investigate data loss incidents, network intrusion incidents, key vulnerabilities.
- Lead the Cyber Security Incident Response Team and coordinate Cyber Security's response during an incident, including communications between Cyber Security and other stakeholders, investigative teams, management, and system/application owners. (IT Forensics)
- Identify operational, and tactical cyber intelligence to improve security operations.
Skills & Qualifications
- 7+ years of broad information technology experience, of which minimum 3 years should be in a senior systems administrator role with a large organization
- Experience managing SOC analysts including hiring, performance management, and employee development and retention
- CISSP, OSCP, CISA is an asset but not mandatory
- Hands-on experience deploying Security software to a large organization, preference given to Palo Alto and Crowdstrike
- Knowledge of information security related issues involving identity and access management, intrusion detection, forensics, incident management, risk management and/or auditing
- Familiarity and understanding of encryption concepts
- Knowledge of security controls such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, Internet traffic filtering, email filtering, VPN, disk encryption etc.