IT - Application & Software Development
Aug 24, 2019
Our client, a leading logistics company in Missisauga, is seeking a System Administrator to join the team full time.
What’s in it for you?
Our client is located in Mississauga and offers a competitive compensation & employee benefits plan as well as the opportunity to join an organization that is going through the excitement of rapid growth. At the same time, our client empowers its teams to harness new ideas, and allows staff unleash their imaginations to create innovative products and services to improve our service and respond to customer needs.
- Act as helpdesk for day-to-day queries
- Installation, configuration, operation, support and maintenance of IT systems including hardware and software.
- Responsible for planning, implementation, maintenance, and support of Windows Servers 2012 r2, Active Directory, NAS storage units, Microsoft File and Print Servers, Exchange servers, VMware, Anti-Virus servers and Network devices.
- Maintaining SQL server, SSIS/SSRS/SSAS projects and reports.
- Responsible for managing Office 365 and network security
- Provide technical support to the users and executives with simple to complex network, desktop and/or server issues.
- Act as internal consultant to assist when opening new branches, projects and modules
- Document and perform IT systems maintenance procedures including patching/upgrade of systems, operating systems and software during schedules maintenance window during or after business hours.
- Maintaining accurate documentation and diagrams of IT systems configurations, infrastructure, network and operating procedures.
- Work with management in improving efficient and capacity of networks and systems to meet business requirements
- Maintain mobile/Desk phone systems (monitor monthly billing, optimize call plans, Cost reporting)
- Must have at least 2 years of experience providing Windows support and a computer science degree
- Hands on working experience with Microsoft SQL server, SQL Queries, Views and Stored procedures
- Knowledge of SSAS considered an asset
- Experience using VMware/Veeam backup considered an asset
- VB.NET Programming considered an asset
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to complete tasks effectively with minimal supervision
- Must be available to work flexible work schedules