IT - Application & Software Development
Jun 20, 2019
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers etc.
What’s in it for you?
Join a team in expansion mode. Be at the forefront of transformation in a Fortune 500 firm looking to take advantage of IOT, Big Data, Cloud, Mobile platforms and Agile transition.
- Performing analysis to mitigate risks
- Conduct research to identify emerging trends in risk management and risk mitigation,
- Support the implementation of programs that ensure or improve the effectiveness of risk management and protection strategies.
- Coordinate the operational day to day IT Compliance in-line with industry best practices.
- Perform business impact analysis and / or risk assessment both inside and outside the company (with focus on secure development and SDLC practices, internet attacks, malicious code attacks, national security issues, and compliance with regulations). Review and communicate the findings of these efforts with the client, consult and recommend possible solutions.
• Participate in the review of routine changes in company processes, standards and technology to ensure the effectiveness of risk mitigation strategies.
• Develop and implement systems and business control procedures, programs and plans for key areas of within Information Technology with focus on CyberSecurity and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
• Plan and monitor both systems and business exercises, assist in the development of control procedures and strategies for different functional areas within Information Technology.
• Implement and administer standards and procedures to secure and protect company assets and system projects being implemented through Agile or Waterfall project methodologies.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with IT Security, IT Risk Management, IT Compliance or Data Protection.
- Need to understand infrastructure security controls to be able to assess its security posture
- Certifications in area of specialty are preferred. Examples include: CISSP, CSSLP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CRMA, CIA, GIAC, MCSD, SCD, PSD I and PMP.
- Knowledge of server platforms (UNIX, Windows), database (Oracle, SQL Server), software development, vulnerability assessment, active directory, and security tools in relation to IT Security/Risk
- Knowledge of Secure Software development practices.
• Excellent communication, collaboration and relationship-building skills
• Comfortable dealing with difficult issues and speaking/presenting in large groups
• An excellent problem solver and be able to coordinate various priorities under time pressure