IT - Application & Software Development
May 27, 2019
Our Client is the leading national provider of reverse mortgages to homeowners aged 55 and over, Canada’s fastest growing demographic segment.
What’s in it for you?
3 weeks’ vacation. Benefits start after 3 months, including paid personal days and 7 paid sick days per year.
- Program computer systems and enhancements in accordance with provided design specifications, development technologies, methodologies, guidelines and policies.
- Create effective unit and integration tests for systems and enhancements developed, using automated techniques where available.
- Troubleshoot technical problems; providing documentation of both issues and potential resolutions.
- Perform code reviews; providing detailed feedback to ensure programming standards are met as well as for opportunities to refactor and improved efficiency.
- Creates technical documentation of development tasks to ensure knowledge transfer.
- Create design specifications, and functional requirements as required to assist team members.
- Provide input into estimation of development effort.
Assist in defining and maintaining programming standards, as well as researching and prototyping new technology and technical solutions.
- Post-Secondary education in computer science or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in software design and development.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft development platforms:
- C# and Visual Studio 2013+
- Transact SQL using SQL Server 2014+
- Report design and development using Microsoft reporting
- Excellent working knowledge of web base development technologies:
- MVC and Web Forms
- Web Services Both REST and SOAP.
- Open source libraries including Bootstrap 3.0, jQuery, Select2, Moments and Bootgrid
- Strong working knowledge of testing methodologies including unit, integration, system, regression and performance testing, including test automation using Visual Studio.
- Strong working knowledge of development patterns, methodologies and best practices.
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Ability to understand complex business processes and rules and translate those elements into working solutions.
- Demonstrated expertise in communicating effectively with multiple stakeholders, including technical peers, non-technical stakeholders and third-party vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple responsibilities effectively to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with project team members on complex development projects.
- Demonstrated experience in solving complex technical, business and process problems.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in the financial industry considered an asset.
- Experience with Salesforce integration considered as asset.