IT - Application & Software Development
Jul 21, 2019
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers etc.
What’s in it for you?
Join a team in expansion mode. Be at the forefront of transformation in a Fortune 500 firm looking to take advantage of IOT, Big Data, Cloud, Mobile platforms and Agile/SAFe transition.
- Serves as a member of a product team. You practice and are the champions of the agile methodology and a product mindset within each product team.
- Implement applications following 12-factor principles to build out the product and iterative enhancements.
- Own the full stack of software products; developing and implementing front-ends (web or mobile), and backend services.
- leverage test driven development and continuous integration to ensure agility and quality of products.
- Actively participate in the decision-making process of the team ensuring that the simplest appropriate technology and design is chosen to meet user needs.
- Participates in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the team has a common understanding of each story and chores in a team’s backlog
- Participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
- Participate in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind
- Collaborates within the team in designing systems and apps
- Practices daily paired programming and test-driven development in writing software and building products
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
Skills & Qualifications
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts, object oriented design principles and RESTFul APIs
- Good knowledge in application architecture, development, system design and integration
- Experience developing software in different programming languages, and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new languages
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with Microsoft stack (C#, .NET, MVC, SSIS)
- Experience in backend development design and implementation; database (relational, Oracle, SQL), messaging, implementation and optimization
- Knowledge of Devops would be an asset.