IT - Application & Software Development
May 27, 2019
Healthcare Integration and Development Systems Specialist Role:
- Expert-level input into the complete IT Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment and support phases
- Systems Architecture using Microsoft Biztalk (particularly Biztalk 2013, moving to 2016) – the role will include significant input on the deployment of new BizTalk installations
- Design and development of healthcare systems integration solutions using HL7 v2, and familiarity with healthcare integration challenges
- Work effectively with other senior level Biztalk resources, to integrate into the department’s overall work plan
- Solution architecture documentation, including adherence to consistent standards when documenting new and existing software solutions
- Implement best practice procedures to ensure consistent solution architecture throughout application development
- Assisting in the continuous delivery of day-to-day healthcare integration and application services
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 6+ years hands-on healthcare integration experience, primarily using MS Biztalk, with strong familiarity with MS Biztalk systems architecture
- Experience with all phases of the systems development lifecycle (design, development, testing, deployment and support)
- Experience with applicable Microsoft solutions stack (.NET, BizTalk, SQL Server, SSIS) and willingness to adapt to emerging technologies
- Direct working experience in applied I.S. solution architecture
- Experience interpreting industry and regulatory requirements and authoring supporting controls
- Excellent business and technical acumen
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Healthcare integration with HL7 v2
- Applied software engineering, particularly with .NET
- Comfortable with systems administration and deployment of new solution environments
- Strong relational database management skills, particularly with SQL Server
- Application performance tuning across multi-tier applications
- Strong knowledge of web API-based micro-services software architecture
- Identity and access management (I&AM) experience with Active Directory, NTFS permissions, LDAP, and Single Sign On (SSO) solutions.
- Working knowledge of software security engineering
- Deep knowledge of Windows operating system
- Familiarity with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business side of information services
- Strong analytical, research, writing, and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate with internal/external customers, vendors, management etc. in both formal and informal situations.
- Ability to work with teams to achieve goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Works well under pressure and time constraints and can prioritize competing priorities appropriately.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
- Degree or diploma in computer science, engineering, or a related field with an emphasis on technology
- Microsoft professional designation(s) are an asset