IT - Application & Software Development
Mar 24, 2019
Our client is one of the largest retailers in Canada. With a strong team, they focus on not only bringing in the right technical talent, but also the right personalities. The right candidate will be focused on contributing to the environment as part of a team. My client is for looking for an Operational Researcher, they’ll have primarily energy application experience including: Budgeting (Petroleum, Lubricants, Propane, Transportation), they’ll have familiarity with Energy business units’ procedures and practices, along with experience, judgment and planning abilities is required to accomplish assigned goals.
What’s in it for you?
Our client is located in Saskatchewan and offers a competitive compensation, relocation package & employee benefits plan as well as an RRSP. At the same time, our client empowers its teams to harness new ideas, and allows staff unleash their imaginations to create innovative products and services to improve service and respond to customer needs.
- Provide maintenance and operational support for Energy planning-related applications:
- SAS analytics software (support and programming
- Provide backup support for other Energy applications
- Technical recommendations to influence business decisions and aid in system implementation
- Collaborate with business and project teams to define, design, test and support various Energy solutions.
- Document, analyze and verify complex business requirements for required changes, enhancements and break fixes.
- Identify solution options to the team leads.
- Review and contribute to solution design, implementation and cutover to Production.
- Maintain system performance logs so that system availability targets can be developed, measured, and evaluated in support of SLAs.
- Track KPIs, performance benchmarks and system documentation for all IT Energy’s applications.
- Consolidate and analyze metrics in regular reports, highlighting noteworthy items and trends.
- The successful candidate will have a Degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related field.
- 5-8 years of work experience in an IT support role.
- Strong programming experience.
- Experience with optimization tools, techniques, models and software (e.g. SAS, advanced analytics, linear programming). Aptitude for mathematical modeling and statistics.
- Proficiency in SQL. Working knowledge of Terminal Server – Virtualized Environment.
Nice to have:
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office. Awareness and some experience of business process analysis, improvement and documentation, and metrics. Project participation experience is an asset
- Retail experience
isgSearch is a member of the ISG Group of Companies, operating in Canada since 1990. Throughout the 1990's, ISG (Informatics Search Group) was built into one of Canada's leading search firms, and sold in 1998 to a leader in North American Recruitment & Solution Services. In 2007, the same ownership that drove ISG to success, created isgSearch with a boutique-style approach, catering to the very specific needs of hiring clients and talented professionals in the IT space.