IT - Project Management
Mar 24, 2019
Our client is a market leader in the financial technology space. Reporting to the Director, Service Delivery and working under the general direction of the Technical Services Management team. The Project Manager will provide project management support, from project definition to closing for multiple complex technology projects. The position exists within a matrix organization that works diligently to balance efficient delivery of new technology with operational responsibilities in a service-oriented organization.
- Oversee Project Planning & Execution (Scoping, finding solutions, managing client expectations, providing estimates & project plans), Task-based scheduling (resource management, timelines & budgets), Tracking metrics and project performance reporting.
- Dealing with Incidents, changes, issues, conflicts and Project closure.
- Manage project activities (i.e., hardware implementations, migrations, upgrades of hardware and software) on behalf of the Technical Services department.
- Work closely with project and technical resources to assess, coordinate and maintain scheduled activities to successful completion and client satisfaction.
- Take a proactive approach to quality management and ensure the appropriate and adequate level of quality is assured in the delivery of projects.
- Assist project resources in ensuring deliverables required to successfully install, migrate, upgrade client environments, ensuring internal and external communications are managed and maintained.
- Manage multiple priorities (projects) and adhere to tight deadlines, coordinating resource activities to ensure activities/timelines are maintained. Ensuring best practices are maintained and delivered to adhere to tight reporting deadlines.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to members of the project management team.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ directly related experience in a software development and/or financial sector.
- Project Management Institution (PMI) certification or equivalent. ITIL Foundation Certification.
- Experience managing the full systems life cycle of assigned projects to ensure comprehensive, timely and high quality outcomes of assigned projects.
- Experience facilitating regular project meetings and follows up with team members as required to focus on technical and operational issues or business issues. Document, assign and monitor all project issues or related incidents to ensure clearance with minimal impact to project progress.
- Create project plans using tools that facilitate task listing, assignments, tracking and modification to ensure technical and operational requirements are completely satisfied, on time and within scope.
- Produce executive reports on assigned project to keep management apprised of project status, major issues, scope changes, resource changes and milestone achievements or misses.
- Service oriented and bright, professional, who is outgoing, responsible self-starter and willing to take initiative.
- Strong knowledge of negotiating, organization development/change management, strategic planning, action planning and supervision are required for successful performance. Very strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities are critical.
- Ability to discuss technical issues with both engineers and business users.
- Ability to work with clients and 3rd party vendors for implementations and resolving issues.
- Remain current professional developments affecting area of responsibility.
- Required: Project Management & Analysis (Funding Proposals, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Management, Stakeholder Management, Change Management, Requirement Gathering).
General knowledge of managing IT projects in the following areas preferred:
- HP-UX systems
- UNIX systems
- Network (WAN, LAN)
- Database (Progress)
- Client Server Applications.