IT - Project Management
Mar 24, 2019
Our client is one of the largest banks in Canada. They have an opening for a Senior Project Manager, who will be primarily responsible for the delivery of core payments technology used by end clients.
The Senior Project Manager will own all aspects of project management and will be expected to execute the following:
• The primary accountability of the Project Manager (PM) is to facilitate the delivery of solutions to the client, meet the approved scope/cost/schedule/quality for the project.
Accountability includes: detailed project planning, execution, control, deployment (including training and hand off to the client), warranty support, and closure;
• Client satisfaction with the project process and project team performance is a key expectation for the PM. In addition, the PM must ensure that all the project artifacts are produced, approved, stored and made available to stakeholders as required;
• In partnership with the technical leads, develop a thorough understanding of the clients’ requirements, the proposal and the solution, and confirms the commitments, assumptions and constraints;
• Effectively manage and lead project teams in a collaborative environment, completing project deliverables per target timelines and requirements;
• Create project plans, monitor tasks, identify and track risks and find opportunities to mitigate risks;
• Liaise with client stakeholders to address concerns and to coordinate timely responses to all client inquiries;
• 5 years minimum working in Large Financial Institutions.
• Strong understanding of the payments space.
• Works well under pressure and makes deadlines;
• Entrepreneurial mindset;
• Undergraduate degree;
• PMP or equivalent certification is preferred.