IT - Application & Software Development
Mar 24, 2019
Short term contract to permanent
One of North America's most recognized brand names, continues on new development and transformational initiatives. Work as part of a super collaborative team culture.
What’s in it for you
Take a lead role in technologically advancing company. Learn new things in continually expanding technical environment. Great work culture.
- Responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of clusters of MySQL instances.
- Be responsible for orchestrating upgrades, backups, and provisioning of database instances.
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage optimize and tweak as necessary.
- Work on a Development Agile Project team to complete SQL deliverables.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years in MySQL database management.
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL.
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler.
- Experience with recent versions of MySQL.
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Stash, Bitbucket, SVN is a plus.