IT - Application & Software Development
Jan 22, 2019
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers etc.
What’s in it for you?
As the enterprise continues to take advantage of the newer trends in technology, including Cloud, IOT, Big Data, and Mobile. This is a chance to build and develop the enterprise architecture function. Make your mark in a Fortune 500 firm with a career path.
- Support transformation of the current IT capabilities into a robust and efficient collection of IT services.
- Manage the Enterprise Architecture team and continue to mature the competency, capabilities, culture and value.
- Manage, evolve and operate core architecture functions (Architecture Reviews, Software / Hardware Reviews, Technology platform improvements, Technology Governance)
- Work with the various architecture competencies (Security, Business, Data, and Product Architecture Groups) to build our yearly roadmap updates and vision.
- Lead the team towards architectural standards and governance for core share services components (i.e. integration platform, API platform, big data platform, consumer technology platform and core systems)
- Work with the IT Portfolio Management team and Business Architecture to track and manage the various initiatives from both a long term and short term perspective.
- Drive opportunities to leverage industry innovation to benefit the organization
- 8+ years’ experience as an Architect with prior experience managing an Architecture Team.
- Prior experience with large scale transformations and innovative technical breakthroughs
- Experience working in an Agile environment – SAFe experience is an asset
- Experience with developing and maturing Enterprise Architecture within an organization
- Experience working with C-Suite Executives
- Experience with legacy modernization with some delivery.
Ideal Technology Experience
Knowledge of the following technologies would be assets;
- Knowledge of Insurance industry
- Prior experience with selecting, standardizing and managing integration technologies such as Apigee, Data power and enterprise service bus tools (i.e. Talend, Tibco, others)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Scalable workloads, Cloud security and moving on premise computing to cloud computing
- Expert knowledge of building, supporting and managing APIs (private and public)
- Experience working with and integration of broad range of technologies (i.e. Enterprise Content Management, SAP, Insurance Policy Admin, Claims Systems,
- Prior practical experience with PaaS - Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Spring and working knowledge of modern technology stacks supporting continuous integration and deployment (Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, Octopus Deploy).
- Working knowledge of containerization and managing dynamic workloads leveraging orchestration
- Enterprise architecture tools – Enterprise Architect Sparx