IT - Application & Software Development
Jan 22, 2019
Our client is a global leader in financial technology solutions. Located in downtown Toronto, the Engineering Technical Associate will report to the Team Lead, Service Delivery in the Technology Solutions and Services Department and working under the direction of the Technology and Infrastructure Services Management team.
Responsibilities would include end to end Production Support, handling issues on multiple technologies and platforms such as Redhat, Tomcat, JBOSS, WebShpere MQ.
Key Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Provide L2+/L3 level of production support.
- Candidate will be expected to work and provide support for various technologies like Redhat, Middleware Technologies (IBM MQ, Tomcat, JBOSS) etc, with existing knowledge and should be open to learn and adapt new technologies.
- Validate changes done by L3 of multiple technologies. Change validations in multiple domain is a key component of this job profile.
- Troubleshoot all issues/alerts/incidents escalated by Operations/monitoring team.
- Implement administration and process automation using perl/shell scripts
- Manage OS upgrade and patching requirements, release schedules.
- Work with 3rd party vendors as part of incident response and general administration support.
- Supporting a 24x7 production environment, providing services to high profile clients
- Along with backend technology support, understand and test the frontend product functionality for change validations.
- Drive and perform end to end disaster recovery (DR) tests. Bring up and configure the environment
- Conduct and co-ordinate Disaster Recovery Tests
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or associated discipline.
- Exposure to supporting 24X7 production environment.
- Thorough knowledge of server and system administration best practice principles (Red Hat and other Unix flavors)
- Strong functional knowledge of core protocols such as TCP/IP, SSH, SMTP, LDAP, NFS and DNS.
- Working knowledge of clustering tools such as MC Service Guard/Red Hat HA/Veritas Cluster Server is an asset
- Good knowledge of VMware virtualization products including but not limited to ESX, vSphere, and vMotion.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex systems problems.
- Knowledge and experience with shell scripting (ksh, bourne, bash, csh, etc).
- Working knowledge of project management techniques to plan and execute projects.
- Monitor for and react to alerts within the environment and be able to resolve or escalate them in a timely manner.
- Provide clear communication/escalation/follow up/closure of alerts and outages to multiple teams within the organization.
- Writing & improving team runbook procedures.
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Ability to take ownership and run with multiple production issues, from alert to hand-off or resolution
- Interaction with external parties for escalation or hardware / software support tickets
Nice to have: middleware technologies like Jboss, Tomcat, apache, IBM MQ, Progress