IT - IT Support & Sales
North York, ON
Dec 16, 2018
Our client, a gaming services organization in East GTA, is looking for a SQL DBA to join their team on a Full Time basis. Under the direction of the Manager Infrastructure and Applications, this position is responsible for the maintenance, support and deployment of all company databases while contributing to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees
What’s in it for you?
You would be joining a dynamic organization in downtown Toronto, that embraces cutting edge technology to drive their business vision. In addition to a generous compensation package, our client empowers its teams to harness new ideas, and allows staff unleash their imaginations to create innovative products and services to improve services and respond to customer needs.
- Responsible for overall performance and availability and security of the database environment
- Design, development and implementation of all databases
- Selects, installs, configures and regularly reviews outputs from database monitoring tools.
- Actively monitors and ensures appropriate database installation, configuration, capacity, performance tuning and security management.
- Installing and upgrading database server and application tools
- Analysis, troubleshooting and resolution of all database issues, investigation of service interruptions and creation of preventative measures
- Provision of 2nd and 3rd level technical support
- Administer and maintain and troubleshoot SQL always on availability group active.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in SQL DBA Experience
- Post secondary education in IT or a suitable combination of education and experience
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and positive service oriented communication
- Computer literacy in MS Office and MS Windows
- Proven troubleshooting experience for O/S, application, network, workstation and laptop technologies