IT - IT Support & Sales
Dec 16, 2018
Location: New Westminster, British Columbia
Canada’s largest manufacturer and marketer of very familiar specific brands for consumer household, commercial and industrial use. They have manufacturing sites in British Columbia, Ontario Quebec as well as U.S. based manufacturing sites.
What’s in it for you?
Take a leadership role on continued national technology projects. Work closely with the enterprise in determining and developing technology based solutions.
- Provide support and consulting services to the facility, including manage facility’s IT systems which include computers, networks, internet access, telephone lines and other technology
- Manage other IT specialists on-site
- Works with IT management and other departments to implement a successful IT plan.
- Assists in the implementation of the IT plan and trains the individuals who will need to use it.
- Act as a local coordinator on IT projects
- Closely collaborate and maintain communication between facility and Corporate IT
- Follow guidelines for evaluating IT systems and determining where changes should be made.
- Define and document the business system requirements including interfaces between local used non-SAP systems and SAP.
- Assist in budgeting for IT expenses, including the purchase of new equipment and software when necessary.
- Diagnoses issues when computers or other technologies are not working as they should.
- Strong HP, Palo-Alto Networking
- Microsoft Technologies
- Deskside Support
- 3 to 5 years previous support-related experience
- Advanced level knowledge and hands-on experience with the following;Windows 2008/2012 Server, Windows XP/7/8,10, MS Share point, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server, MS SQL DB
- Good Working knowledge of LAN, Server, Operating and Database systems
- Proficient in MS Projects, MS Excel, MS Word and MS Visio
- Experience in SAP is an asset.