IT - Application & Software Development
Dec 16, 2018
4-6 months initial term with extensions probable.
- An in-depth knowledge of the financial and investment banking operations, with a minimum of 5+ years, preferably interacting with Dataphile or ISM back-office applications, and trading applications. A Canadian Securities Course is a definite advantage.
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies and manual and automated tools
-White box testing, -Black box testing, -Grey box testing, -Regression testing, -Boundary testing, -Load testing, -Beta testing, -Stability testing, -Security testing
- Internationalization and localization
- A technical background with strong preference of previous programming and database knowledge (.NET is desirable). Ability to work with the development team for Test Driven Design/Development (TDD).
- Knowledge and understanding of SDLC and project management life cycle, testing and development methodologies, defect management practices, documentation repository practices and procedures, debugging techniques, PC applications and business workflows; and,
- Knowledge of relational RDBMS (SQL Server/ Oracle).
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of .NET/Java.
Our client, a leading Financial Services company in the GTA, is seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst, who will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, helping to ensure that the applications released to our customers are of the highest quality. Responsibilities include planning, developing, maintaining and executing manual and automated test cases on a variety of applications. The QA Analyst also verifies that deliverables function according to requirements as well as conform to established guidelines.
- Preparation of the Test Strategy for the Business to sign off
- Preparation of Test Plan, Test Cases/Scripts for test execution
- Preparation of Test Summary document for user walkthrough
- Reviewing documentation to understand testing requirements, test environments and objectives
- Participating in test planning, assisting in preparing various testing documentation (e.g. test strategy, traceability matrix, test plan, defect management plan, schedule etc.) and testing results walkthroughs
- Identifying, developing and documenting test scenarios and/or test cases
- Configuring and implementing and/or maintaining and validating test data as well as validating test environments
- Executing test cases within the testing environment, ensuring accuracy and record test results / defects and obtaining approval
- Maintaining and providing accurate testing status reports during testing phases and maintaining documentation of test results according to defined processes / tools
- Participating in post implementation reviews and processes (e.g. lessons learned, post-install application verifications, warranty support reviews etc.)
- Recommending process improvements
- Participating in third party service partner report card feedback
- Providing subject matter expertise on specific application usage or area of knowledge (e.g., setting up customer data on various products)
- Working effectively as a team, supporting other team members in achieving project/ business objectives and providing client services
- Supporting a positive work environment that promotes customer service, quality, innovation and teamwork
- Ensuring timely communication of points of interest
- Participating in knowledge transfer within the team and with business units
- Managing defect management / resolution process and acting as the primary defect management contact on projects
- Writing test cases from System Requirements and System Design Documents
- Executing test cases with a high degree of accuracy
- Participating in or developing test strategies/plans for small to medium complexity projects;
- Building relationships and working collaboratively to identify solutions and resolve variance from product/application specifications
isgSearch is a member of the ISG Group of Companies, operating in Canada since 1990. Throughout the 1990's, ISG (Informatics Search Group) was built into one of Canada's leading search firms, and sold in 1998 to a leader in North American Recruitment & Solution Services. In 2007, the same ownership that drove ISG to success, created isgSearch with a boutique-style approach, catering to the very specific needs of hiring clients and talented professionals in the IT space.