Dec 16, 2018
4.5 Year project with potential for extension.
- Professional accountant (CPA) with expertise in IFRS, life insurance accounting, and financial control knowledge
- Project management capabilities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- In-depth experience in financial reporting and investment accounting
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage changes involving complex organizational structure and system changes
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in an accounting or finance related role
- Experience with IFRS 17.
A complex life insurance organization.
· Leading elements and of IFRS 17 policy development through analysis of options and impacts
· Identifying the IFRS 17 finance implications in the Financial Reporting and Management Reporting systems and the Financial Controls framework across the organization and for working with the BG finance, actuarial and technology leaders to prioritize the development of the business requirements and solutions as they relate to the finance functions across the organization
· Developing and documenting policy positions and engaging stakeholders in the Business Groups and Business Units for feedback
· Model development under IFRS 17 including controls and assumptions for financial metrics and insight into drivers of change for these metrics
· Identifying, developing and implementing solutions for the business impacts of IFRS 17
· Understanding and developing solutions for the impact of IFRS 17 on how Sun Life insurance businesses measure and manage financial risk; capital requirements; reinsurance; financial performance; business planning; and product design & pricing
· Developing transition material to support the change to IFRS compliance
· Creating and presenting education materials for Global actuarial stakeholders