IT - Application & Software Development
Dec 16, 2018
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers etc.
What’s in it for you?
As the enterprise continues to take advantage of the newer trends in technology, including Cloud, IOT, Big Data, and Mobile. This is a chance to build and develop brand new Devops and Environment Management across the enterprise application and operations landscape. Learn a variety of cutting edge tools and technology. Make your mark in a Fortune 500 firm.
- Implementing and managing DevOps strategies as well as application environment management initiatives and day to day operations
- Drive and execute DevOps pipelines and will maintain consistent environments across critical business applications.
- Work with Application development teams to build DevOps strategies and processes
- Establish environment management practices to ensure configuration consistency
- Manage Database environments.
- Manage geographically dispersed teams
- Minimum 5 years experience in DevOps operations.
- Minimum 5 years experience in managing people across geographically dispersed areas.
- Working knowledge of some of the industry leading DevOps and integration tools. ie. Jira, Jenkins, Confluence, Artifactory, Octopus Deploy, GIT, SonarQube, Puppet, Ansible, Service Now
- Knowledge of SDLC processes and integration with DevOps practices
- Significant experience with deployment automation, working with platforms for configuration management, provisioning, and artifact repositories.
- Ability to integrate DevOps strategies with IT Service Management processes. (Release, Change, Incident, Problem)
- Understanding of agile development concepts and how they integrate with DevOps enablement
- Understanding of Relational database platforms. (Oracle SQL Server)