IT - Application & Software Development
Dec 16, 2018
Our client, a global asset management firm, is looking for a solutions architect who is used to working in a consultative fashion.
What’s in it for you?
- translating business requirements into IT Solutions. The Solution Architect will be responsible to ensure that solutions follow the clients technology standards and architecture.
- working with regional and global teams to ensure the appropriate specification of infrastructure, data, security, network and applications to meet the business requirements.
- playing a primary role in the definition and property site standardization for all site types (e.g. corporate, regional, commercial property (building) and construction sites). The Solutions Architect will also play a primary role in the standardization of compute, storage and network designs and architecture globally.
- Providing guidance on infrastructure-related topics as they relate to other solutions such as applications, collaboration, security and data management.
- Solid background in IT Infrastructure technology fundamentals such as:
- Network Technologies & Protocols – WAN, LAN, WLAN, Routing & Switching.
- Security Technologies – Firewalls, IDP/IDS, SIEM
- Cloud Technologies – MS/Azure
- Server Technologies & Management – MS Server, Active Directory, PowerShell
- Virtualization Technologies – Microsoft, VM Ware
- Storage Technologies – SAN, NAS, Storage Virtualization
- Application Virtualization & Delivery – Citrix, VMWare
- Scripting & IT Automation languages & Processes.
- Provides support to project managers for the creation of plans, costs, and risks for the implementation of IT infrastructure solutions.
- A subject matter expert (SME) in infrastructure architecture implementation, responsible for aligning solutions with the enterprise infrastructure architecture services roadmap, business strategy and business processes.
- Works closely and liaises with various departments, including Service Delivery Management, the PM Delivery team, the Project Management Office, and the vendor ecosystem to clearly understand requirements and align with solutions, project delivery and in-person support.
- Familiar with Shared Services organization and multi-client relationships
- Plays a primary role in the interpretation of infrastructure strategies and technology standards including solution design, integration and standardization, and ensures adherence to architecture compliance and implementation governance.
- Over 10 years of continuous experience in:
- An enterprise infrastructure / technical architecture role.
- Excellent ability to collaborate with all levels within the IT and Business organization.
- Excellent client interaction skills and an ability to manage deliverables across multiple projects and multiple locations.
- Experience working with clients to understand requirements and has the ability to negotiate with the client to come up with an optimal design.
- Developing high level and detail design documentation specific to Infrastructure solutions.
- Infrastructure strategy, design governance, development, and implementation.
- Experience with end-to-end delivery of infrastructure initiatives.
- Experience with delivering IT projects utilizing 3rd party service providers to provide IT infrastructure.
- Exposure to organizations that have deployed solution development methodologies based upon Architectural Frameworks such as TOGAF.
- Experience with Platform, Storage, Monitoring, Network, Data Centre, and Desktop technologies.
Nice to Have:
- TOGAF or other architecture certification