IT - Application & Software Development
Dec 16, 2018
Our client is a modern product development firm, and an international leader in Agile software practices. Built around a culture of innovation and passionate people, they are transforming how companies build software.
As a Program Director, you will deliver complex, portfolio-level clients. You should have extensive experience leading and structuring multi-million-dollar engagements with parallel work streams - spanning development, design, product strategy, privacy and compliance. The ability to focus on goals and solutions both large and small. Working with a team of our incredibly talented Scrum Masters, as the Program Director, you will become the senior strategic leadership while still keeping up-to-date on daily project activities within an emphasis on collaboration.
What our client wants in an ideal candidate:
- An ability to mentor and manage your fellow employees
- Someone who can both lead by example and also take an active interest in fostering the talents of those working under them
- You will be the subject matter expert on development technologies, technology vendors, and third-party offerings—you should always be on the lookout for new ways to push our work forward
- Promoting and driving team effectiveness through understanding their needs and wants, in terms of projects, skill growth, sustainability, and diversity you will be responsible for budgets, overall program profitability and ultimately client value.
- Be involved in the SDLC/design lifecycle with our cross functional teams Manage and set client expectations with a focus to ensure everyone’s satisfied
- Act as a mentor and performance manager to the scrum masters on the program, giving input to their growth and professional development through one-on-one and training efforts.
- You will be involved in our interviewing and hiring process which includes technical and non-technical positions
- Contribute to building out project teams which includes allocating selecting staff that is appropriate for the client’s needs and process maturity
- Meet on a regular basis to discuss progress, monitor project status (cycle time, bugs/rejected stories, burn-down, scope management is happening), issues and risks, in order to maintain visibility and provide support to the team when appropriate
- You will be leading and coaching to the teams to ensure project requirements are being met (e.g.: sustainable work-hours, work in progress limits, collaboration within teams)
- You will work closely with the Group Delivery Director and Client Services (e.g., a Client Partner) to ensure regular contact with client stakeholders to ensure that technical needs and projects are being met
- As the Program Director, you will be the first point of escalation for the team and is responsible for prompt escalation of risks and issues to the VP Delivery, client partner and/or senior management as appropriate
- Responsible for providing oversight and forecast needs for the management of project budgets and for prompt review and approval of client invoices.
Must have skills:
- 10 years of experience managing a variety of digital project types; site builds, ecommerce, marketing campaigns, microsites, and maintenance
- Experience in a client services organization, preferably on projects with top tier consulting firms or interactive agencies (including web, mobile, and strategic consulting projects)
- Proven successes in managing and controlling project scope, schedule, budget and resource management / reporting and change management, project roadmap development and revenue forecasting
- Deep knowledge and practical experience of Agile Project Management principles, methods and techniques is an asset Excels in leading conversations with clients, around scope, schedule, and budget as well as roadmaps, objectives, and strategies
- Certified CSM or CSPO and exposure to SAFe or LeSS would be an asset
- Strong leadership, problem-solving and decision-making skills to facilitate effective task and resource management
- Great communication, presentation, leadership, facilitation and negotiation skills.A solutions-oriented leader with refined decision-making skills and the ability to lead by example
- Collaborate with Client Services and Group Delivery Director to identify clients’ business needs and drive to solutions