IT - Application & Software Development
Dec 16, 2018
Our client is a global leader in financial technology solutions. Located in downtown Toronto, they are seeking a manager to take over the product management practice.
In this role, you will support the business by owning all aspects of their assigned products within the Wealth & Capital Markets group, meeting established goals for the business unit and assigned products.
Understand the market, assisting with market strategy, building and executing a market roadmap, and supporting the full software development life cycle (SDLC) including gathering market research, product ideation, establishing business cases, gaining funding, gathering business requirement requirements (BRDs), establishing go-to-market strategies, providing pre-sales support, managing new product roll-out and providing level II product support.
You will lead a team of Product Managers that:
- Ensure business hits revenue, sales, and OI targets while adhering to Fiscal Year resource plans
- Assist defining and executing on assigned products and sales strategy maintain product roadmaps, and set development priorities
- Help identify acquisition and partnership targets
- Provide pre-sales product support
- Evaluate pricing in relationship to competition and our profitability.
- Build business cases for new products and enhancements
- Develop strong product team with client and marketplace insights and thought leadership.
- Work with marketing, sales and solutions to develop and refresh annual plans in support of our product strategy
- Review/improve marketing and sales collateral
- Support Business Growth Opportunities
- Provide Level II Product Support
- Ensure product sales, account management and development understand our strategy and business plan.
- Education: Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Experience/Skills:3+ years of experience leading people within a high-impact product/process.
- 5+ years in Product management. Solid understanding of at least one vertical in brokerage.
- Track record of growing or launching new products.
- 3+ years WCMS and/or the assigned products and services or area of expertise within the financial services/ brokerage industry required
- 3+ years Product Management/ Business Analyst experience required
- Strong sell-side back-office experience with in-depth knowledge of equity and fixed income products.
- Solid understanding of SDLC.
- Shown success in running a product
- Ability to successfully lead a small team of product managers with varying degrees of expertise and experience
- Self-starter, able to initiate relationships, processes and planning with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and client-facing presentation abilities.
- Experience with capital markets and/or wealth management technology systems and operational workflow.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to translate client needs into Broadridge solutions.
- Strong analytical/math skills
- Strong Knowledge of brokerage back-office
- Understanding of the client needs and competitive landscape