IT - Project Management
Dec 16, 2018
Duration: 6-12 months with a high likelihood of extension.
This position is reporting to the Manager, Business Analysts. The Business Analyst acts as the primary contact/relationship manager for a portfolio of business partners in the development and implementation of strategic directions, new business opportunities, product initiatives, and service developments
• Acts as the primary contact/relationship manager for a portfolio of business partners in the development and implementation of strategic directions, new business opportunities, product initiatives, and service developments.
• Consults with the business to understand its goals and objectives for a specific initiative or project and advises the business on the functionality, applicability, and usability of alternative technology.
• Responsible for owning the solution to satisfy the business need.
• Elicits, analysis, documents and manages business and solution requirements.
• Acts as a primary requirements management contact on projects.
• Recommends process improvements.
• Builds relationships and works collaboratively with stakeholders to identify solutions and resolve variance from product/application specifications.
• Reviews testing documentation and participates in triaging defects to ensure business needs and solution requirements are met.
• Participates in post implementation reviews and processes (e.g. lessons learned, post-install application verifications, warranty support reviews etc.).
• Provides subject matter expertise on specific application usage or area of knowledge (e.g., setting up customer data on various products).
• Supports other team members in achieving project/ business objectives and providing client services.
• Fosters a positive work environment that promotes customer service, quality, innovation and teamwork.
• University degree/college diploma and/or 10+ years progressive business analysis/business consulting experience, supporting and leading large/enterprise-wide projects.
• Practical experience in stakeholder analysis, current/future state analysis, and needs analysis.
• Solid understanding of requirements elicitation, analysis, documentation and management.
• Ability to apply techniques associated with data and process modeling.
• Advanced knowledge of the project management lifecycle (PMLC) and the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
• Knowledge of Portfolio Management and Performance Measurement is a definite advantage
• Knowledge of systems used by Investment Advisors for Client Account Management, Relationship Management, Financial Planning and Portfolio Management (such as Wealth 360, Croesus, Charles River and Broadridge) is a definite advantage
• Wealth Management Front Office and Back Office Full Service Brokerage systems experience is a definite advantage
• Wealth Management domain expertise is a great asset
• Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a multi-faceted role within a high paced environment.
• Strong relationship management, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with business assessment tools (e.g. feasibility studies, business cases, cost/benefit analysis, project sizing and costing).
• Canadian Securities Course or related certification is an asset.
• Working knowledge of SQL is an asset.
isgSearch is a member of the ISG Group of Companies, operating in Canada since 1990. Throughout the 1990's, ISG (Informatics Search Group) was built into one of Canada's leading search firms, and sold in 1998 to a leader in North American Recruitment & Solution Services. In 2007, the same ownership that drive ISG to success, created isgSearch with a boutique-style approach, catering to the very specific needs of hiring clients and talented professionals in the IT space.