IT - Project Management
Dec 16, 2018
Our client is a mid-market wealth management firm located downtown Toronto. They are looking for a standout program manager with extensive experience in the wealth management space.
- 15-20 years project management experience with compliance and enterprise risk projects
- Understanding of IIROC guidelines
- 5-10 years of program management experience
- 5-10 years of experience in the retail brokerage marketplace.
- Vendor management experience and related negotiations.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- Works well under pressure and makes deadline.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Can perform effectively with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills; solid judgment; critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community; ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Sound business and communication skills, including Board and executive interactions
- Extensive financial management skills including status reporting and budget formulation/tracking.
- Detail Oriented
- The primary accountability of the Project Manager is to deliver solutions to the client, meet the approved scope/cost/schedule/quality for the project. The accountability includes detailed project planning leveraging the proposal, execution, control, deployment (including training and hand off to the business), warranty support, and closure.
- Client satisfaction with the project process and project team performance is a key expectation. In addition, the PM must ensure that all the artifacts of the project are stored in Knowledge Repositories as the project progresses.
- The PM develops a thorough understanding of the proposal, the business and IT requirements and the solution, and confirms the commitments, assumptions and constraints.
- The PM prepares the detailed project plan (and/or work packages) by working with the Subject Matter Experts (SME) and secures the sign offs/approvals from the required stakeholders and the client, before starting the project execution.
- The PM secures the resources required for the project, ensures that the project team is jointly committed to the goals and objectives of the project and teamwork and leads them to deliver the solution in scope, in time, within budget and within the previously agreed to quality parameters.
- Undergraduate degree with preference to those with an Engineering, Finance or Business Administration Major
- Graduate Degree, MBA preferred
- CSC and CPH