IT - Application & Software Development
Richmond Hill, ON
Dec 16, 2018
Our client is not your typical software vendor. They build some of the most complex learning, workforce, and data solutions.
What's in it for you? The opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest in the city.
- Collaborate with different teams, engage in design/architecture discussions, and share your ideas while work across the full-stack
- Continuously integrate clean, scalable, robust, testable code
- Automate everything you can
- Help mentor and direct the activities of less experienced developers
- Identify and diagnose system deficiencies, recommend and implement solutions
- Stay up to day with current and emerging technologies in support of product development efforts; Research and participate in applicable open source communities
Must Have Skills:
- Experience designing and building RESTful Web Services using Java or other languages;
- Experience with J2EE technologies (JPA, EJB, etc.
- Fluent in HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery, Ajax; Experience with Bootstrap and responsive design
- Expert knowledge of Git
- Thorough understanding of and practice in TDD, SDLC, Agile/Scrum and DevOps
- Knowledge of coding standards and practices, including web accessibility standards
- Experience supervising, mentoring and coaching new or less experienced developers
- B.Sc. or Masters in Computer Science or related field
Nice to Have Skills:
- Node.js and AngularJS
- UX design and implementation
- PHP, Laravel, Symfony or other MVC framework