IT - Application & Software Development
Dec 16, 2018
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers etc.
What’s in it for you?
As the enterprise continues to take advantage of the newer trends in technology, including Cloud, IOT, Big Data, and Mobile. Take a lead role in transforming the way the company does business day to day.
- Work across the various business stakeholders to understand the business roadmaps, assist in building out their target state business capabilities and its mapping to business strategy etc.
- Understand the inter-relationships between business and its processes and provide input into the architectural and IT roadmap.
- Keep abreast of the key industry trends and provide advisory to the team.
- Help shape and advocate the architecture framework, vision and blueprint.
- Working with stakeholders during early ideation and understanding the business challenge, process challenges, solution options, ROI and provide advisement on approach / direction
- Operate the IT conceptual solution assessment process ensuring that it is effective and efficient in its delivery metrics
- Provide mentorship to the team and support a team environment of continuous learning and continuous improvement.
- 5+ years insurance industry experience (i.e. agency, underwriting, claims)
- An understanding of enterprise architecture and insurance technologies
- Prior management experience
- Project delivery experience with large transformation and / or complex work
- An understanding of the Canadian Insurance landscape and it surrounding regulatory environment
- Core business skills: business case development, strong presentation capability, relationship management, change management, roadmap development,
- An MBA and / or a CIP is an asset