IT - IT Support & Sales
Dec 16, 2018
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers etc.
What’s in it for you?
As the enterprise continues to take advantage of the newer trends in technology, including Cloud, IOT, Big Data, and Mobile. This is a chance to continue to build and develop the Automation and Devops environment across the enterprise application landscape. Learn a variety of cutting edge tools and technology. Make your mark in a Fortune 500 firm.
- Lead operationalization of new technologies across the application teams, and act as a leading change agent for large technology investment projects.
- Manage, train and develop direct reports ensuring employees are both engaged and performing well.
- Model, socialize and implement best practices across build teams. Conduct code reviews, provide feedback and recommend improvements.
- Serve as a subject matter expert across a broad range of technical areas in support of the technology strategy for the area.
- Understand the technical details of the application, integration points and the environment.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders across the company.
- Management or supervisory experience, with 7+ years of software development experience.
- Hands on experience setting up continuous integration and continuous deployment with technologies such as Jenkins, Octopus deploy and/or Pivotal Cloud Foundry etc.
- Understanding and working experience with DevOps
- Experience working with the various development and design teams using API with methods and tools such as REST JSON, SOAP XML, Queuing technologies, Swagger etc.
- Experience working, migrating, or implementing processes using Jira, GitHub
- Strong technical background and familiarity with operating and maintaining sustainable systems, business processes and data integration.
- Ability to quickly ramp up in a new subject area- able to build a solid foundation of understanding to support engagement with business partners and to serve as context for analysis/research/etc.
Nice To haves:
- Experience with operational and analytical data stores leveraging technologies such as Hadoop.
- Working knowledge with multiple technologies, including but not limited to: Java, GWT, React, C++, Unix/Linux, HP QC, .Net, REST APIs., Jenkins, Kubernetes, Tenfold, UA
- Experience with migrating platforms such as HP QC to Jira and Service Now or upgrading versions of large scale applications/databases