IT - Application & Software Development
Dec 16, 2018
This is a 1-year contract that will most likely be extended.
- 3+ years experience in database programming (SSIS/MS SQL), .NET, XML, XSL, XML Document Object Model (DOM).
- Strong working knowledge of: Microsoft SQL Server [2008 or higher] / Microsoft Access / MOSS / Microsoft Office and Visio. Strong communication skills and ability to effectively liaise with business and IT stakeholders.
- Understanding & appreciation of Business concepts & requirements.
- Understanding & appreciation of Analysis & Design methodologies for full system development lifecycle.
- Prior working experience in: Business analysis / Business workflow modeling / Business re-engineering / Integration design standards and best practices / Testing and defect resolution.
- Ability to work effectively in a goal-oriented team environment.
- Excellent documentation, planning and organization, communication, and inter-personal skills.
Nice to Have
- Cognos TM1 (nice to have).
Our client is a major retail and distribution company with offices worldwide. They require the services of a Technical Lead with Business Analysis skills. This role requires attending meetings to document technical requirements. Most of these requirements will be sent to an offshore development team, but the role requires the contractor to sometimes "roll up their sleeves" and do technical work themselves. The expected initial term of the engagement is 6 months with additional renewals probable. It is possible this role could also move to permanent employment.
- Develop appropriate business requirements and technical specifications documentation according to approved standards.
- Develop appropriate solution(s) to address identified requirements or gaps.
- Develop test plan, test cases and user documentation, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure that assigned tasks are completed according to established work plan. Communicate work status and issues, and recommend appropriate course(s) of action, as necessary.
- Communicate work status and issues, and recommend appropriate course(s) of action, as necessary.
- Produce detailed system functional design and programming specifications that satisfy business requirements and development standards.
- Construct Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) processes according to approved specifications.
- Conduct full-cycle system testing.
isgSearch is a member of the ISG Group of Companies, operating in Canada since 1990. Throughout the 1990's, ISG (Informatics Search Group) was built into one of Canada's leading search firms, and sold in 1998 to a leader in North American Recruitment & Solution Services. In 2007, the same ownership that drove ISG to success, created isgSearch with a boutique-style approach, catering to the very specific needs of hiring clients and talented professionals in the IT space.