IT - Application & Software Development
Sep 23, 2023
Reporting to the Manager, Software Engineering, the Decisions Developer position is primarily responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining scalable and reliable solutions on the Decisions platform. Decisions, being a no-code / low-code automation platform, can help in efficiently solving a wide range of business challenges. This role has the unique opportunity to dive into projects and deliverables spanning across all business units and functions across the enterprise. The roadmap includes a large-scale system modernization, business transformation work and a cloud adoption strategy.
- Participate in writing applications, building automation, and modernizing legacy workflows using Decisions’ automation platform. The scope of work includes replacement or modernization of core systems, with emphasis on simplicity and supportability.
- Lead discussions with stakeholders to understand their business processes and technical needs.
- Be ready to ask “why” questions to ensure the right problems are solved.
- Propose conceptual technical solutions and make changes based on stakeholder feedback in an Agile environment.
- Design, build and launch new relational data models in production as needed.
- Develop APIs to integrate with multiple systems as needed.
- Participate in both the design and development of brand-new applications as well as the enhancement/re-architecture of existing components.
- Participate in all stages of the SDLC within a Scaled Agile environment.
- Participate in secure development practices for all new development.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of science degree in computer science, engineering, Information Systems, or related technical experience.
- 2+ years of experience in software delivery projects.
- Experience using the Decisions platform is a strong asset.
- Experience building applications using agile methodologies is a must.
- Skilled at working with stakeholders to define business processes and gather functional and technical system requirements.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Ability to transform the business requirements into technical tasks, implement them and document the solutions.
- Strong grasp of algorithms and data structures and how to best apply them to build optimal software solutions is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Passionate about technology and enjoys continuously learning.