IT - Application & Software Development
Apr 25, 2018
Our client, a leading Financial Services company in the GTA, is seeking a Development Manager to help drive organizational vision for industry leading growth and increased market share using technology as an enabler and difference maker.
What’s in it for you?
Our client is located Downtown Toronto and offers a competitive compensation & employee benefits plan. At the same time, our client empowers its teams to harness new ideas, and allows staff unleash their imaginations to create innovative products and services to improve our service and respond to customer needs.
Plan and Manage the technology delivery of one or more projects/ new products. Partner with Project Managers and Product Owners to lead the Pod team to identify scope, user experiences and prioritize delivery via MVP/Release plan. Tailor delivery approach as required. Facilitate Agile ceremonies, including story-point estimation, story elaboration, sprint grooming, task assignment & management to completion, retrospectives, etc.Coordinate with shared service teams, such as Dev Ops, Infrastructure, Sec Ops, and AMS to release changes to production. Measure build progress, velocities, trends and quality to provide delivery status updates. Identify and resolve impediments / RAID across Technology teams. Delivery Leads who also have people management accountability will recruit, train, coach, and manage the performance and career of their staff.
- Minimum of 7+ years in technology delivery roles such as SCRUM Manager, Application Owner/Manager, Project Manager, Agile Coach, and Consulting (Integration and/or Delivery) roles
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical degree or equivalent experience is required
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services, with deep domain knowledge in Lending and/or Online Retail Banking
- Hands-on problem solving skills to remove technical impediments and manage closure of RAID
Nice to Have:
- Experience or familiarity with Open APIs, Technical Product Management, MicroService / Enterprise Service Bus architecture, cloud IaaS / PaaS, and mobile platforms
- Expertise with Confluence and JIRA
isgSearch is a member of the ISG Group of Companies, operating in Canada since 1990. Throughout the 1990's, ISG (Informatics Search Group) was built into one of Canada's leading search firms, and sold in 1998 to a leader in North American Recruitment & Solution Services. In 2007, the same ownership that drove ISG to success, created isgSearch with a boutique-style approach, catering to the very specific needs of hiring clients and talented professionals in the IT space.