IT - Application & Software Development
Apr 25, 2018
Our client, a leading company in the IT services vertical in North York, is seeking a QA Analyst. Under the direction of the IT Operations Manager, the Senior Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for developing and establishing quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization. This individual will also gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems, creating test documentation and performing functional, regression, and end-to-end testing on multiple systems. The QA Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
What’s in it for you?
Our client is located in North York and offers a competitive compensation & employee benefits plan as well as the opportunity to join an organization that is going through the excitement of rapid growth. At the same time, our client empowers its teams to harness new ideas, and allows staff unleash their imaginations to create innovative products and services to improve our service and respond to customer needs.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices verifying and revising quality assurance standards as needed.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and complete testing activities including test documentation (test plans, test cases, test exit reports) for each area within the scope of testing in a deadline-driven environment, communicating test activities, progress, and issues to the team (Business Analysts, Development, Project Management, etc).
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
- Collaborate with the software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods and to assist with the analysis and resolution of any issues in a timely manner.
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing in collaboration with applicable project team members and client stakeholders.
- Consolidate test results and prepare reports and/or presentations on the progress of testing, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management on a regular basis.
- Schedule and coordinate QA testing activities across multiple projects.
- Comply with licensing laws, health and safety, and other statutory regulations.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover, identify, record, document, track and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- Perform regression testing, when required and other duties as assigned or directed.
- Post-secondary education in IT or a suitable combination of education and experience.
- Experience with networked environments, testing on VM and in the Cloud.
- Experience with SQL databases.
- Experience testing in Windows and Linux environments.
- Solid test plan and test case writing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC and quality/testing processes.
- Experience with defect management tools and processes.
- Experience working on multi-site project teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, concise documentation.
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly and independently and work within a team.
isgSearch is a member of the ISG Group of Companies, operating in Canada since 1990. Throughout the 1990's, ISG (Informatics Search Group) was built into one of Canada's leading search firms, and sold in 1998 to a leader in North American Recruitment & Solution Services. In 2007, the same ownership that drove ISG to success, created isgSearch with a boutique-style approach, catering to the very specific needs of hiring clients and talented professionals in the IT space.