IT - Application & Software Development
Apr 25, 2018
Job Title: Java Developer
A leading post-secondary educational institution centrally located in Toronto, that specializes in applied arts and technology. We are looking for an Intermediate Java Developer to join a stable and mature team to help complete a custom re-write!
What’s in it for you?
You will be a mentor, and be a potential team lead as you grow with the team! This enormous project already has a team of 26 and will be growing to 29. They will provide training on Oracle and Groovy/Grails for those candidates that are eager to learn. Ultimately, you will help move from a legacy system to a Java based application.
- You will be responsible for communicating and working with both users and developers.
- You will define how components should function, and how it will interact with other components of the application system.
- Most importantly, you will code!
- 6-7 Years of Java Development experience (J2EE, Tomcat, Spring Rest, SOAP)
- Hands on experience with Oracle or SQL.
- Knowledge of JMS, RabbitMQ, Maven, or GIT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The willingness to learn Groovy or Grails.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or related field.
Nice to Have:
- Groovy or Grails
- Any open source ERP system experience