IT - Project Management
Apr 25, 2018
The expected term of the engagement is 6 months with a high probability of renewal.
- 5-10 years of experience in the retail brokerage marketplace.
- Vendor management experience and related negotiations.
- Leads and directs the work of others
- Works well under pressure and makes deadlines
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Can perform effectively with a wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills; solid judgment; critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community; ability to handle multiple tasks; highly organized
- Ability to recruit and retain a team of skilled professionals
- Sound business and communication skills, including Board and executive interactions
- Extensive fiscal management skills including status reporting and budget formulation/tracking.
- Detail Oriented
- Undergraduate degree with preference to those with a Business Administration major
- Graduate degree preferred
- CSC and CPH
- PMP or equivalent preferred
Our client is a global solution provider in the wealth management technology space.
- The primary accountability of the Project Manager (PM) is to deliver solution(s) to the client, meet the approved scope/cost/schedule/quality for the project. The accountability includes detailed project planning leveraging the proposal, execution, control, deployment (including training and hand off to the business), warranty support, and closure.
- Client satisfaction with the project process and project team performance is a key expectation for the PM. In addition, the PM must ensure that all the artifacts of the project are stored in Knowledge Repositories as the project progresses.
- The PM develops a thorough understanding of the proposal, the business and IT requirements and the solution, and confirms the commitments, assumptions and constraints. The PM prepares the detailed project plan (and/or work packages) by working with the Subject Matter Experts (SME) and secures the sign offs/approvals from the required stakeholders and the client, before starting the project execution. Under the oversight of the Management Team, the PM secures the resources required for the project, ensures that the project team is jointly committed to the goals and objectives of the project and teamwork and leads them to deliver the solution in scope, in time, within budget and within the previously agreed to quality parameters.
- Plan (in detail) project scope, schedule, budget, risk, quality (includes requirements validation/verification and all testing), resourcing, procurement and information/communications
- Manage the project planning/execution/control/deployment/warranty support/closure, resourcing, procurement, risk management, issue management and change control processes,
- Manage knowledge by applying lessons learned from other projects and adding new ones to Knowledge repositories,
- Manage the acquisition and deployment of resources (including budget),
- Manage the project team,
- Maintain a balance between detail and the "big picture" vision of the project and the business,
- Manage information and document flows by prioritizing and follow-up, and
- Manage the delivery of the approved business and IT requirements and documentation
- Lead by example (work ethic, time reporting/management, teamwork, enthusiasm and adaptability to change, etc.),