IT - Application & Software Development
Apr 25, 2018
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining system operation and providing 2nd/3rd level escalated support on IT services
- Carrying out performance monitoring, trouble-shooting, and maintenance of the SQL cluster servers, SQL databases and database server platforms including fragmentation, memory analysis, database moves. Ensuring the integrity of all SQL database and implementing all required validation procedures. Assisting with the planning and co-ordinating of the implementation of new SQL databases and responsible for planning and executing upgrades to existing databases and database servers e.g. Aderant, Carpe Diem, DM.
- Ensuring the effectiveness of system backup strategy and verifying the ability to recover critical data including SQL, Exchange and Windows backup cycles. Participating in the planning and execution of disaster recovery directives.
- Administering the unified collaboration infrastructure; and VOIP telephony infrastructure and related items i.e. phone lists, directories, extensions, DIDs organization-wide, and voice system
- Administering Bell Teleconferencing account creation.
- Administering/responding to alerts on our infrastructure from various monitoring systems relating to server / network health and availability (SCOM, HP SIM, Solarwind); and participating in the resolution of incidents.
- Communicating with the end user community and IT department in regards to planned and unplanned service outages / incidents with status updates as required.
- Performing requests for modifications to Aderant. Reporting and screening using Report Writer/End and User painter to modify and update reports, create cheque formats and make customizations to Accounting menu.
- Improving automation and efficiencies with IntApp appliance and other tools.
- Administering security operations including vulnerability management, patching, and compliance
- Performing system operations tasks and providing support to system operators, e.g. user provisioning/deprovisioning, moves, distribution list management, file security, ethical wall system maintenance, CAS archive mail, and Anti-virus monitoring.
- Participating in projects and also responsible for proper transition to sustainment.
- Performing weekly on call rotation with other System Administrators.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Required academic, professional certifications and business education. In addition to education, required work experience.
- University degree or equivalent in Information Technology. Minimum of five years of information technology experience, two years of which in a (senior) system administrator role.
- Possess broad range of system administration experience in infrastructure development life cycle and multiple technological platforms.
- Experience and ability in the conceptualization, design, and implementation of infrastructure technology initiatives.
- Possess practical ITIL experience, certification an asset.
- Demonstrate business acumen and experience in managing business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with a professional service organization’s structure and processes is an asset
- Ability to exercise strategic thinking and use problem solving skills in managing complex situations.
- Ability to advocate strategic initiatives and exert constructive influence with stakeholders.
- Capacity to handle high pressure situations and tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational, work and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingualism (French and English for Québec region only).
(for job performance expectations, please refer to the Competency Profile)
- Focuses on Client Service: Capacity to identify, understand, and meet and/or exceed the needs and expectations of internal and external clients in a timely manner.
- Works Well with Others (Teamwork): Ability to work effectively with others (e.g., team members, co-workers, supervisors, direct reports, clients, etc.) to achieve mutual goals.
- Demonstrates Flexibility: Ability to work effectively within a variety of situations, readily adapting to changes.
- Communicates Effectively: Capacity to exchange verbal and written information, ideas and feedback with individuals or groups to enhance and ensure mutual understanding.
- Focuses on Results: Commitment to setting, achieving and/or exceeding individual, team, or organizational goals.
Required experience with computer or other technological equipment, including experience with specific software. Also, required knowledge/experience in specific practice areas or work processes/protocols.
- Job Knowledge: Ability to acquire, apply and maintain a body of knowledge related to the field.
Effective use of Technology: Solid computer knowledge including Microsoft Word and Excel, computer skills and expertise, and ability to keep up-to-date with changes in technology and latest information.
a) Microsoft SQL/DBA/administration (e.g. clustering, replication, provisioning)
b) Microsoft Window server/OS infrastructure
c) Cloud infrastructure and administration; and MS Office 365
d) Directory services (e.g. AD/LDAP/GPO)
e) Virtualization (e.g. MS Hyper-V)
f) Network storage (e.g. SAN)
g) Security compliance and vulnerability management
h) Backup infrastructure
i) Video conferencing infrastructure
j) Mobile device management
k) Network management / protocols
l) Financial software and integration appliance