IT - Project Management
Apr 25, 2018
Our client, a leading REIT in the commercial real estate market is looking for a senior IT Project Manager to join their team in Midtown Toronto.
What’s in it for you?
Our client offers an excellent opportunity to join a progressive, collaborative team where you will be empowered to harness new ideas, create innovative solutions, and continuously grow your skill set. The current pipeline includes HR Programs, IT Audit Governance Programs, Marketing Software Deployments, and a Unified Workspaces initiative.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with project sponsor, senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Lead and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- University degree or college diploma in Business / Computer Science / IT or a related field of study.
- Project Management Professional certification (PMI or similar) preferred.
- 10+ years of direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process / PDLC and execution.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project or any equivalent tools.
- Strong familiarity with application design, database concepts, SDLC and business process methods.
- Competent and proficient understanding of platforms such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, SharePoint and other industry leading tools.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Knowledge of I.T. Infrastructure components such as Networks, Servers and Security is a plus.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including Senior Management, Clients, and other Departments.
Nice to Have:
- IT audit experience
- Knowledge of ERP and Reporting systems, such as JD Edwards and Hyperion would be an asset.