IT - Project Management
Mar 18, 2018
Our client is a major player in the financial space looking for a permanent Manager of Business Analysis. They are located downtown Toronto.
- Conduct employee performance evaluations: goal setting, monitoring, evaluation, and appraisal.
- Conduct BA project status reviews and produce reports
- Recruit new staff
- Train new staff
- Facilitate and encourage inter-departmental communication
- Mentor and Guide team members
- Research, propose and implement new BA techniques
Desired Skills and Experience
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma and/or 10+ years progressive business analysis/business consultant experience, supporting and leading large and enterprise-wide projects.
- An in-depth knowledge of the financial and investment banking operations, with a minimum of 5+ years, preferably interacting with Dataphile or ISM back-office applications, and trading applications. A Canadian Securities Course is a definite advantage.
- A good knowledge of Portfolio Management Systems, ideally Croesus.
Exhibits a solid understanding of business, data, process, and object-oriented analysis and modelling techniques.
- Is experienced in practical application development and/or client solution delivery
- Is familiar with business assessment tools (e.g., feasibility studies, business cases and/or cost/benefit, project sizing and costing, and current state analysis/needs assessments).
- Understands and is familiar with the application of techniques associated with data modeling, process modeling, and use case design methods within the context of the organizational standards.
- Possesses advanced business knowledge in the Finance/Banking industry or specific expert knowledge around the Wealth management industry.
- Advanced knowledge of project management and system development life cycle.
- Knowledge and understanding of SDLC and project management life cycle, testing and development methodologies ? Waterfall/CMMI and Agile.
Knowledge and understanding of defect management practices, documentation repository practices and procedures, debugging techniques, PC applications and business workflows.
- Demonstrates advanced relationship management, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates advanced coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Exhibits advanced strategic business visioning and planning.
- Possesses advanced influencing and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrates solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to multi-task and be a good team player.
- Working Knowledge of relational RDBMS (SQL Server).
- Working Knowledge of SQL.