IT - Application & Software Development
Mar 18, 2018
Our client, a leading insurance company providing wide range of Property and Casualty products is looking for a Helpdesk support candidate to join the team on a full time basis. Their Vancouver office is located near the waterfront in downtown Vancouver. A world renowned urban centre boasting beautiful scenery, plus proximity to shopping and dining, Vancouver also offers the possibility of endless adventures for outdoor enthusiasts of all types. The office is easily accessible by car, public transit, or even by bicycle. As a national property and casualty commercial insurance provider, they also have offices across Canada.
What’s in it for you?
Join a 100% Canadian company and be part of a team that’s passionate about making a difference every day, fuelled by entrepreneurial spirit and where everyone owns a part of their success. The company has had an amazing journey so far, and the future is full of new possibilities! The National IT Team is looking for a Help Analyst to provide day to day front line user support and diagnostics for desktop hardware/software concerns as well as application questions for assigned business units and/or client groups. The analyst will also be responsible for creating network identification and establishing system access for new employees as well as the decommission of access for departing employees. In addition, the Helpdesk Analyst will support technology projects, deliver reliable and efficient infrastructure services and define and operationalize service standards for all common infrastructure services, including ongoing opportunities for cost/process improvement.
- Respond to incoming Identity work queues (ServiceNow tickets, Email)
- Complete Offboarding and Onboarding tasks in accordance with established processes and service levels
- Assist with implementing RPA (robotic process automation) to improve operational efficiencies within IT for repetitive processes and requests (i.e. onboarding, offboarding, etc.)
- Handle routine and non-routine queries for a wide variety of technologies (hardware and software) and application questions
- Investigate and respond to any escalated service concerns
- Assist in diagnosing and repairing malfunctioning equipment
- Investigate costs and obtain competitive quotes for software/hardware purchases as required
- Initiate repair and installation requests with external service providers
- Conduct informal user training sessions for a variety of hardware/software technologies
- Install and maintain computer equipment, peripheral hardware and software:
- Prepare and install all equipment and software for new and existing users
- Administer network login id’s, passwords, and user/rights management
- Participate in implementations, enhancements, and modifications of new hardware and software rollouts, including customizations and informal user training
- Assist day to day operations and administration:
- Carry out regularly scheduled activities
- Identify, document, and recommend improvements in work processes
- Assist with regular audit reports and participate in audit activities as required
- Investigate and recommend changes or upgrades to hardware/software/applications as required
- Develop, maintain, and produce service/support reports and documents as required
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of technical and process documentation
- Develop and maintain a knowledge and understanding of company operations/ procedures, and insurance industry trends/developments, to contribute to quality customer service and support
- Participate in the execution of project plans for the rollout of technologies and server upgrades
- Document time estimates, work breakdown structures and project task lists (Service Now)
- Monitors and adheres to project plans and deadlines
- Minimum 1- 3 years of experience in Information Systems Support or related position
- Knowledge of and proven ability to install/maintain computer hardware/software with knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows 7, 8 and 10), Microsoft Office Suite, Various Printers, C-Plus, AS/400, Backup Utilities, Abode Acrobat, VPN, Connectivity, Office ad-ons, Macros, etc.
- Advanced troubleshooting knowledge of MS Office suite of products
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Knowledge of user administration for the Avaya telephone system
Nice to Have:
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE, MCP) an asset
- Insurance industry experience an asset
- Project Plan experience an asset
- Fluently Bilingual (English / French) would be considered an asset
- The ability to accommodate some shift work, weekend or evening work
IsgSearch is a member of the ISG Group of Companies, operating in Canada since 1990. Throughout the 1990's, ISG (Informatics Search Group) was built into one of Canada's leading search firms, and sold in 1998 to a leader in North American Recruitment & Solution Services. In 2007, the same ownership that drove ISG to success, created isgSearch with a boutique-style approach, catering to the very specific needs of hiring clients and talented professionals in the IT space.