IT - Systems Integration
Mar 18, 2018
Our client is a leading post-secondary educational institution that is centrally located in Toronto, specializing in applied arts and technology. Looking for an experienced Application Developer / Analyst to join a stable, mature team. Great benefits package and in-job perks!
- Develops and supports applications by translating business requirements into functional and non-functional application requirements.
- Prepares application and system solution design, technical specifications for custom application development and application functional configuration and setup.
- Conducts feasibility assessments of the proposed changes to systems and applications in order to determine impact, timeline and complexity of the requirements.
- Completes detailed technical analysis of the requirements to identify the components of the application (forms, database, tables, application interfaces, etc.)
- Identifies the interactions needed between systems and application components. Creates a detailed design document for the database (tables, primary keys and data relationships)
- Defines and documents application functional configuration and setup for new application components and defines how the component should function and how it should interact with other components of the application system(s).
- Collaborate with Application Architects to create a common API layer between a variety of different data sources and applications.
- Determines the sequence of application development work based on module dependencies. Provides instructions and advice to the Programmer Analyst and Database Analyst
- Provides, as needed, on-call and after hours support either for production incident resolution or for change implementation.
- Three-year diploma/degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Information Technology or Computer Science, which includes a course(s) in systems analysis, and detailed design techniques.
- Minimum eight years of experience as a Programmer Analyst or Developer, with a proven track record as a contributor to the analysis, testing and documentation of complex major application systems projects in an ITS environment;
- Experience in application and integration development using Java, J2EE/JEE
- Practical work experience with Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, and UNIX/LINUX shell scripting
- Knowledge of JMS, RabbitMQ, Maven, and GIT and other technologies such as Groovy and Grails is preferred.
- Practical work experience in the analysis of business applications, including the use of strong technical skills in order to effectively review, analyze and architect modifications to systems.
isgSearch is a member of the ISG Group of Companies, operating in Canada since 1990. Throughout the 1990's, ISG (Informatics Search Group) was built into one of Canada's leading search firms, and sold in 1998 to a leader in North American Recruitment & Solution Services. In 2007, the same ownership that drove ISG to success, created isgSearch with a boutique-style approach, catering to the very specific needs of hiring clients and talented professionals in the IT space.