IT - Application & Software Development
Feb 19, 2018
Our client is one of the largest post secondary institutions in Canada. As part of a massive system implementation, they require an experienced Integration Developer. This is a 12-month contract with a high probability of renewal. The incumbent will lead the integration development of the new system.
What we need:
- Comprehensive understanding of integrating various systems to external Learning Management Systems (LMS), Exam Systems, and Client Registration System.
- Back Office integration to Financial and HRMS Solution.
- Code technical solutions based on user and system requirements.
- Effectively interact with stakeholders, business analysts, and technical resources to translate user requirements into technical requirements as well as validate solutions that have been developed.
- Provides forecasted development estimates and monitors progress and reports variances immediately.
- Participate in code reviews and identify opportunities for tuning/optimizations. o Participate in unit, integration, and user acceptance testing; debug production issues. o Participate in project and stand up meetings as required.
- A 4-year Degree in Computer Science (or a related field).
- Proficiency in RDBMS design and minimum 3 years of work experience in SQL/Oracle.
- Work experience in data analytics and visualization/dashboard is a definite asset. o Solid understanding of Human Computer Interactions, as well as working experience in UI/UX.
- Familiarity with major transport protocols: FTP, SFTP, SSH.
- Working understanding of security standards and identity/access management.
- Solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS. o Strong knowledge of development integration testing, for both on premise and cloud platforms.
Scope of Work:
- Strong analytical, technical, organizational, communication (written and oral), interpersonal and customer services skills.
- Must be able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in the higher education industry.
- Experience working in a multi-corporation project or with vendor teams.
- Experience with development in both agile and waterfall environments.
- Integration experience with Banner Finance.
- Integration experience with Oracle HRMS.