IT - Application & Software Development
Mar 18, 2018
Our client, a leading Customer engagement/ loyalty/ marketing analytics Firm located right in Downtown Toronto, is looking for Client Technology Solutions Architect. The Client Technology Solutions Architect plans and supports the design, configuration, implementation and business operations of our platform solutions for internal and external stakeholders on one or more clients and/or new business opportunities.
The Client Technology Solutions Architect is expected to be an in-house application expert whose responsibilities include application configuration management and implementation consistent with project deliverables. They work closely with the Sr. Director, Loyalty and Payment Technology Solutions to define, configure, and implement Exchange Solutions’ proprietary platform. The Client Technology Solutions Architect is expected to effectively communicate with technical and business resources across the company, while contributing to the definition and development of our core capabilities and current product platform.
What’s in it for you?
Our client offers a competitive compensation & employee benefits plan and a highly collaborative work environment. The office boasts a real start-up vibe/culture with the security of working for an established shop.
- Act as an in-house application expert in all aspects of the technical work
- Conduct configuration management activities of our platforms consistent with Exchange Solutions’ methods, processes and workflow
- Write and execute SQL queries and custom scripts to apply configuration changes, system auditing and reporting
- Lead technical staff in diagnosing and triaging technical issues and escalating to business resources where appropriate
- Effectively manage partner and vendor relationships to ensure compliance with contractual Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Document, monitor and continually improve the configuration process and on-going operational procedures
- Research solutions and best practices for various assignments
- Manage risk reduction during implementation by minimizing the amount of change requests;
- Effectively provide status updates to the Director, Loyalty and Payment Technology Solutions
- Contribute to the overall operations and culture of the company, fostering our values and policies.
- Minimum 6 - 8 years’ related experience in a small to mid-size software company in a technical lead expert role
- Strong aptitude for technical learning, including demonstrated ability to learn and master custom in-house applications
- Experience with large retail systems, with an emphasis on payment, point of sale and processing systems and partners
- Superior communication skills, including ability to translate technical requirements to the business partners, formal presentations, internal communications and design documentation
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries and stored procedures for relational databases, i.e., MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL
- Proficiency in data ETL procedure
- Experience with Linux and Apache an asset
Nice to Have:
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science (or equivalent knowledge & learning capability from work experience);
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making ability
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to meet tight deadlines