IT - Application & Software Development
Feb 19, 2018
Our client, a leading Customer engagement/ loyalty/ marketing analytics Firm located right in Downtown Toronto, is looking for Data Management Architect. The position of Data Management Architect reports to the Director, Data Management. The key responsibility of this position will be to drive efforts in designing, implementing and monitoring Business Intelligence solutions. This will include formulating Data Warehouse strategies with an emphasis on data design and quality, data integration, database architecture, data governance, as well as supporting the ETL, data cleanup, reporting and aggregation of the data in the Exchange Solutions Analytical Data Store. The Data Management Architect will aid in the identification and implementation of all initiatives that will enhance monitoring, alerting and health of the data resulting in improvements in performance, accuracy, quality and usability of data.
What’s in it for you?
Our client offers a competitive compensation & employee benefits plan and a highly collaborative work environment. The office boasts a real start-up vibe/culture with the security of working for an established shop.
- Focus on the stability, performance and overall health of the system across multiple clients
- Identify and implement automation efficiencies
- Generate and use metrics to enable data-driven decision-making
- Create and launch innovative tools and processes using agile methodologies
- Work closely with technology and analytics leaders to communicate concerns and areas of improvement
- Lead and mentor the ETL development team in the design, development and maintenance of processes and program.
- Responsible for developing and deploying reusable tools and ETL modules to create world class data warehouse platform.
- Responsible for managing and developing team members.
- 5-10 years’ experience architecting and developing Data Warehouse Databases, Data Marts, and ETL processing
- Excellent SQL skills using Oracle and PostgreSQL are required. Experience using Mongo DB is an asset
- Excellent ETL skills is required, experience with Pentaho PDI tooling is an asset
- Experience working in an agile development environment is required
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in high pressure situations are required
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment
- Strong process/project management skills with the ability to manage and implement strategies rapidly
- Experience operating in a LINUX environment is required
- Experience with source control systems like GIT is required
- Experience with Atlassian suite of products, i.e., JIRA, Confluence, Stash, and Bamboo a plus
- Strong people management skills are required
- Strong technical skills and strong “attention to detail” skills; thorough and detail orientated
- Experience with multi-tier, large-scale transactional systems is required
Nice to Have:
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral is required
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science or demonstrable equivalent experience
Interested applicants should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
isgSearch is a member of the ISG Group of Companies, operating in Canada since 1990. Throughout the 1990's, ISG (Informatics Search Group) was built into one of Canada's leading search firms, and sold in 1998 to a leader in North American Recruitment & Solution Services. In 2007, the same ownership that drove ISG to success, created isgSearch with a boutique-style approach, catering to the very specific needs of hiring clients and talented professionals in the IT space.